16 December 2015

My Top 5 Trips of 2015

The next trip I have booked is my big move; saying goodbye to living in London! As I look back on 2015 and all that I've achieved, seen and been I know I've been extremely lucky. It wouldn't have been the year it was without some good friends, last-minute ideas and a fun-loving attitude. Here's my five favourite trips of 2015:

Egypt

This ten day adventure jam-packed my 21st birthday, a hot air balloon ride, a cruise down the Nile River, ancient wonders and some of the tastiest food I've found. Travelling with my best friend, some overwhelming market shopping, meeting some great travel buddies, wearing maxi skirts every day, and learning and using basic Arabic were just some of the highlights. My last day spent relaxing at a five star resort for the price of a London hostel was a sweet way to end a trip I'll always treasure.
Exploring temple ruins in Egypt

Isle of Skye

Not only did I get to try haggis for the first time and will forever get to say that I have swum with the famous Loch Ness monster, this three day trip had way too many gorgeous views to count! Everywhere you look at any point on the Isle of Skye you can get a good photo.
Looking over to the bridge that takes you back to the mainland on a lovely summer evening

Amalfi Coast and Capri

I loved this three day tour to explore the best of the Amalfi Coast! We were given ample free time to decide for ourselves if we wanted to focus on pizza eating, sun soaking, chair-lift riding, view admiring, coastal cruising or limoncello sampling! (Hint: all are unregrettable options)
How could you be disappointed with this view?

Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls was an accidental trip! I booked a way up there and back at first simply as a way to escape the magnificent but expensive New York City for a couple of days. I'm so glad I did! It was so mesmerising to just walk around the park and find a spot to watch the water rushing, falling and swirling below. The added bonus to this trip was the stroll over to Canada for lunch!
Canada was the gold at the bottom of this rainbow!

Stockholm

My girls' trip to Stockholm was one of my highlights of the year thanks to the great company, the friendly locals and range of things to see and eat that fit our budget. Running a personal best time in the Nike Women's 10km on what I would describe as one of the most spectacular courses I've seen means Stockholm earns a special mark on my map.
Beautiful from the Old Town to the New and everything in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment