26 July 2015

The best brunch in the world might be in Copenhagen!

The next leg of my summer trip was the first to use a plane in almost two weeks! I found both Amsterdam and Copenhagen airports very easy to navigate and travel to and from. I arrived in Copenhagen quite late at night and so chose accommodation that was close to the train station. 

I only spent two nights in Denmark so I made sure to fit everything in I wanted to see. I started my day with a great brunch spread at a cafe called Zakabona. My taste buds get excited enough over fresh, warm homemade bread and all these other flavours were a party. There was bacon and eggs, a chorizo and grilled vegetable kabob, meat and cheese, fresh fruit salad, and yoghurt and muesli. Because of the success of this first brunch in my belly I had another the next day at a cafe called WannaB. It was similar in that there were a lot of different items on the plate, but I thought WannaB offered some more interesting options over traditional bacon and egg ideas. The service at both places was also really lovely.
My Zakabona traditional brunch with a delicious chai latte
As always, my first stop in a new city is as high as I can get for as cheap as I can get.
Copenhagen has a real beauty with the Christianborg Palace Tower. While other people were paying up to 30 kroner to go up other towers in the city, I paid nothing to ride the elevators up to the Tower and enjoy the views from every side. I had a little smudge on my camera lense that day that I didn't find until the afternoon, so excuse the glarey fog look on some of these photos.

Looking east from the top of the Christianborg Tower
Me guarding the palace... and loving the M logo
From the palace I continued my city exploring out to the harbour. It is a gorgeous spot for photos if you're ever visiting. There's restaurants spilling out onto the walkway with delicious menus! From here I continued my walk up through the gardens and parks. Like Stockholm (and many places in Europe), it's quite clear the locals really appreciate and make the most of the sunshine and nice weather in the summer. We take our year-round summer weather for granted in Australia!
Copenhagen harbour on a lovely summer day
I also wanted to give a shoutout to my accommodation for my short but sweet stay in Copenhagen. Urban House was super close to the main train station and a great base for my days of walking. Their check in system meant I could just go straight up to my room and sleep after getting into the city late. But the atmosphere in this hostel was perfect. The interior design and communal areas were somehow so fitting for everyone including families, students and solo backpackers young and old and in between. I definitely recommend crashing here for your nights in Copenhagen!
Welcome to your home away from home in Copenhagen

No comments:

Post a Comment