12 January 2015

London Bound!

I'm counting down the days until I'm on the plane to London! I can't believe it's come up so fast. It's all starting to get very real!
Only a few sleeps now! Photo credits: Anirudh Koul

In my head there's been a list of stuff I'm definitely packing, but laying it all out and getting it all in the bag is another story. How do I pack for a trip when I don't know where I may end up in the next six months, let alone after that?
My old faithful!
I'm taking my trusty Kathmandu backpack that's served me well in Germany, Japan and the United States. This will be my first trip using the highly-acclaimed packing cells. I also bought my cells from Kathmandu when they had a special where you get 3 for $25. I love adding Kathmandu gear to my collection because you know it's good quality, even if it means paying a bit more.
The large long cell on the top and the medium on the bottom

I have two large long rectangle cells and one medium. All my shirts fit in one of the long cells and the other long cell is all my undies and socks. My medium cell holds my dresses and bottoms.

I'm impressed with how much I can fit in them. I may have even sneaked in a bit more than planned. They arrange nicely in my backpack with plenty of room to squish my other stuff down the sides. It'll be interesting to see how much I like them when backpacking and having to dive into my bag daily.

Have you used packing cells before? What would you take on a round-the-world adventure?


No comments:

Post a Comment